General Forum Rules
Do not spam or self-promote in the forums
- This forum defines spam as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites or posts with little, no or completely unrelated content.
- Do not spam the forums with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business or forums etc. We would ask you to honour the integrity of this site and forum with the understanding that it is run by MVP Sports. We do not condone promotion of competitors products on this site unless prior agreement is granted by the site administrator. Please check first, although you may well know what the answer will be!
- Your account will be banned permanently and your posts will be deleted.
- Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users.
Do not post "Free " threads
- Posting pyramid scams (such as free iPods, LCDs etc.) is forbidden. All such posts/signatures will be edited or deleted. Any new users posting scams will be banned permanently; contributing users will either be warned or temporarily banned.
Do not cross post questions
- Please refrain from posting the same question in several forums. There is normally one forum which is most suitable in which to post your question.
- If you're not sure where to post, ask a moderator first.
Do not post copyright-infringing material
- Do not upload, attach, or otherwise post any copyrighted material which you are not free to redistribute (subject to the licensing terms of the specific item). If you have a question about having permission to post or attach a specific item, please ask a moderator.
- We do not condone nor accept posts pertaining to illegal activities such as hacking, cracking, warez, or spam.
- Any posts or threads found in violation of this rule will be edited or deleted, and the poster warned or possibly banned; at the moderation team's discretion.
Do not post "offensive" posts, links or images
- Do not post anything which is offensive, hateful, racist, sexist, discriminatory, obscene, vulgar or in violation of local or international laws.
Do not PM users asking for help
- Do not send private messages to any users asking for help. If you need help, make a new thread in the appropriate forum.
- Remain respectful of other users, moderators and administrators at all times
- All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective.
- However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey this rule. Doing otherwise will get your account banned temporarily, or permanently if the situation becomes severe enough (this will be left to the discretion of the moderation team). Rudeness will not be tolerated in this community forum.
- For example, phrases such as "shut up, idiot," are indicative of problematic posts and should be reported. Suggested alternatives include "I disagree with what you said for the following reasons..." Please remember to stay mature and thoughtful at all times.
General Forum Questions
Am I allowed more than one account at Club MVP?
- No, there is no reason why you should have more than one account at Club MVP. If you are banned from the forum, please do not create a new account. By creating a new account, you are making the banning/warning system pointless. Your new accounts will be permanently banned.
- If you continue to create new accounts after you have been banned, your IP address may well be blocked from the forums. If you then start to register using differnet IP addresses, we reserve the right to take legal action against you. Using proxy servers will not get you anywhere.
What happens if I break a rule?
- If you break a rule, then you will either be warned or banned. A ban of your user account may either be temporary or permanent. If you are given an official warning, using the built-in warning system, a further warning within the next 30 days will result in a temporary ban which will last 7 days. If you are not given an official warning, a user note may be added to your account and the incident may be logged for future reference.
- While a ban will normally involve only a ban of your user account, in extreme circumstances, it is possible to block your IP address from the forums.
- The administrators and moderators also have the right to edit, delete, move or close and thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
What happens if I see a thread/post which has broken a rule?
- Please report the thread/post to the moderators using the red triangle "Report Bad Post" link, which appears in the top right-hand corner of every post. This report will be sent to all moderators of that particular forum, who will respond to the incident as quickly as possible.
Where can I find out who is in charge?
- The Forum Leaders page displays all the moderators and administrators of the forum.
- When in doubt, ask a moderator about the topic of your thread or post. They will be able to tell you if it violates the rules or not. If your thread or post is removed and you do not recieve an email or PM about it, then ask a moderator why it was removed. Do not re-post your thread or start another one complaining about your thread being removed.
Signature and Avatar Guidelines
- One of the perks of continued membership is having a custom signature for your posts. The contents of your sig must be acceptible for our community, and shall not contain any profanity, vulgarity, or insults/disparaging comments to our community or its members. In addition, comments and/or links that represent direct competition are not allowed. Once you have been a member at Club MVP for 30 days and have 30 posts, you will have the ability to include a signature in your post and upload an avatar to your profile. Your signature will be shown only on your first post on each page of a thread, to avoid clutter.
- Keep your signature and avatar in good taste, the contents of your signature must be acceptable for the community: no vulgarity, lewd men/women, profanity or insults to other community members.
- If you use an image as your signature, it should be no larger than 486 pixels wide by 100 pixels tall. Your avatar will be limited to 100 pixels by 100 pixels.
- Animation should be kept to a minimum and both your signature and avatar shouldn't be too distracting.
- Keep the size of any images in your signature below 50KB. Your avatar will be limited to a size of 14.6KB.
- If you don't want to use an image in your signature, you can have up to six lines of text (with a maximum font size of 2).
- Do not include spam, harassing links or affiliate links in your signature.
- However, we will not object to you posting links to either your personal websites or other commercial projects which you support as long as they are not in competition with MVP Sports. This is a privilege which you are allowed as a contributing user.
- Comments and/or links that represent direct competition to MVP Sports are not allowed.
- Do not create fake signatures. If you are not yet entitled to having a signature (because you have not been here for 30 days or don't have 30 posts) you are not allowed to create a fake signature, where you post the same text or links at the bottom of every post. Your posts may be edited and you may receive a warning.
- Any signature violating these rules will be considered spam. The signature will be deleted and the offending member will be addressed by our moderators.
- Reputation should be used to reward users for informative and insightful posts. It should not be used to reward jokes, and pointless trolling.
- If you see that someone has been repped multiple times in one post, think hard about repping them again. Go find another user to reward. There are many contributing users to the forum who still have a low reputation.
- By using our forums (this includes but is not limited to signing up as a Rookie or Pro member or even browsing our forums without signing up) you agree to the following:
- The owner, administrators, and moderators of Club MVP forums will not be held liable for any objectionable messages posted on this forum, ownership and liability lie with the original poster of the message in question. It is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and NOT MVP Sports and neither the owners of Club MVP Forums, nor MVP Sports will be held responsible for the content of any message, regardless of what the message says or implies or any posts replying to said message.
- You warrant that by registering for our forums, or simply just browsing our forums, you will indemnify MVP Sports and its owners from any and all legal liability both civil, criminal, or otherwise. Any legal proceedings brought against MVP Sports or its owners must be originated in Northumberland County, Ontario. You warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
- The owners of Club MVP Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason but are not compelled to do so unless they deem it to be necessary.
Specific Forum Rules
The rules and guidelines found in this document cover all forum categories within this site. In addition, some of the forums may have additional rules and guidelines that apply specifically. Before posting in any forum, check for any sticky posts containing additional rules.
General Posting Guidelines
I figured this was necessary because a lot of people come in and post threads without thinking, and without realizing that there is no possible way they could get help because of the way they posted the question. Here are some general guidelines.
Use Search First!
- There is a pretty good chance that unless you have some really odd or unique problem that it has been addressed on this forum before (or even hundreds of times before for some issues).
- Use the forum's search feature first to see if there are already some good threads on the subject. It's easy to search - just click the "Search" button at the top right of the forum (not the one at the top of the page.. that one is for the entire mvpsports.ca site.
I cannot stress this enough. We cannot possibly help you if you simply post a thread, copy and paste your whole script and say "it has errors what's wrong with it?".
Keep this in mind:
- Explain to us what exactly the problem is. Be as specific as you can!
- Remember that you know a lot more about your problem than we do. Don't assume we know just what it does.
Don't use stupid topic names
- Post a descriptive topic name!
- Give a short summary of your problem in the subject.
- Don't use attention getting subjects. They don't get attention. They repel attention and annoy people.
Here's a great list of topic subjects you should not post as they will elicit very few respsonses:
- Help me
- You must know the answer
- Please help this female newbie
- Something wrong
- Come on coaching gurus
- This one for you
- Just wondering
- This is too complicated for me
- Very urgent
- I have a question
- Stupid question
- Newbie needs help
- pulling my hair out
- this is driving me nuts
Generally anything similar to those is unacceptable. Just post your problem.
Here is a good example of a way to post a question in the subject about a delivery problem...
- "My bowl always goes narrow"
or even better:
- "Whenever I play a backhand shot my bowls are always running inside the line"
These are bad examples:
- "I can't figure this out!"
- "Stupid question..."
- "Help me! Urgent!"
Finally... here's the thing about asking for help!
- If you're not going to take the advice, don't ask for help.
- Often times, people post questions about with the wrong mindset from the very beginning. Soon they are receiving replies making no effort to even acknowledge the people helping them! It becomes one sided, and the poster isn't aware that many of the people helping them hope to learn something as well! Letting people know of your progress and how their suggestions apply (or do not apply) will not only help you figure out your problem quicker, but you'll be returning the favor to those of us who learn more by helping.
- In even worse scenarios, sometimes the poster will argue back even when they don't know what they're talking about. Hey - if you know it all, don't ask for help.
- When people give you free advice that may solve your problem, by all means, try it out! And if it's not what you need, at least thank them.
- And if people post advice that is over your head, ask them for an explanation. Too many times I see great solutions posted, then the original poster doesn't understand it and goes on a rant about how useless the advice was, or finds some other advice they think will solve their problem but really has nothing to do with their problem! The solution you are given may not always be something you are totally familiar with, so just ask for a better explanation!
- Remember when people help you, they are doing you a favour.
- Regardless of how big your ego is, it is not someone else's privilege to be your full time coach! It is not their privilege to have them help you. It is yours. Remember that when people help you they are doing you a favor. You are not doing them a favor by letting them see your incredible progress. Be patient, help people out by posting good descriptions of what you need help with, and not snapping at people with garbage such as "if you aren't going to help don't waste my time replying".
- Please always remember the advice you get here is for the most part voluntary and free. If you want to pay for more than you are getting here maybe its time to visit the Delivery Doctor!
Editing and Deleting Your Posts
- Due to security issues and the need to ensure the quality of our knowledgebase, we have had to impose a 30 day limit on the ability for regular users to EDIT their posts. What this means, is that users have the ability to edit thier own posts for only a given time after creating it.
- If for some reason, if a user needs a post changed that is old, a moderator can assist them to make the necessary changes.
- This also means, as a rule, that we do not remove or delete content from our forums. So, before you post, consider this rule.